Child and Youth Mental Health Services
Cornwall Community Hospital Child and Youth Mental Health Services (CYMHS) are community-based services which provide assessment, therapy, support, counselling, group therapy and consultation for children and youth and parent education groups. CYMHS has a well-trained, multidisciplinary team of professionals who provide services predominantly in English.
- Core Counselling Program – office- based services such as therapy, counselling and support for children (ages 7-18). Satellite office in Winchester.
- Early Years Program – home- based counselling services for caregivers and their children (birth – 6 years).
- Intensive Support Services Program – home- based counselling and support program for children and youth (ages 7 – 18) and their families.
- School Based Program– in-school counselling services for children (ages 6-18) offered within SD&G to English public and catholic schools.
- Day Treatment Program - an English program for children in grades one to grade eight. This is a comprehensive program for children whose mental health problems are preventing them from succeeding at school and at home.
If you would prefer to receive French language services, please contact L'équipe psychosociale at 613 938-7112.
**The following services are offered in both English and French**
What is the cost of these services?
- Youth Transition Improvement Program (Y-TIP) – is a partnership with CCH – Addiction Services to improve addictions and mental health system coordination, navigation and access for youth and young adults (ages 16-24) and their families
- Single Point Access (S.P.A) – is a gateway to children, youth, and family services in SDG and Akwesasne. It provides information on services, needs assessment and referrals to community services and brief counselling. Satellite office is located in Winchester.
Services are provided at no cost.
How do I get a referral? Who is eligible for this service?
Eligibility - Children and youth from birth to 18 years who are experiencing mental health, behavioural or emotional difficulties.
Child, youth and families who reside in SDG and Akwesasne (Cornwall Island).
Referral – Simply contact the Child and Youth Mental Health Services at: 613-361-6363 or toll free at 1-844-361-6363. If you are unable to attend an appointment, please notify your counselor. After two missed appointments the counselor will review the attendance policy and the file may be closed.
What can I expect when I come to a session with my mental health professional?
Early on in treatment, your mental health professional will ask you about your motivation for seeking services and what are your goals. A mental health care plan will be developed with you based on your treatment goals.
Support Group Poster click here
Click here for our patient/client relations process for problems, compliments or concerns.
"Moving on Mental Health" newsletter
- Click here for the link to the Ministry of Children and Youth Services website
Hours of Operation- 8:00 – 4:30, after hours appointments available. All services are voluntary.