The Embrace Project is a Changing CARE initiative of The Change Foundation that builds upon the partnerships between Cornwall & District Family Support Group and Cornwall Hospital's Community Addiction and Mental Health Centre. The project's primary objective is improving the interactions of family caregivers with healthcare professionals in the addiction and mental health system across Cornwall, Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, and Akwesasne, Ontario.
Among the more unique aspects of the Embrace Project is its collaborative approach. Each of the Embrace Projects has been assigned to teams of family caregivers and healthcare professionals, working together in small groups on specific program goals.
Milestones Achieved to Date
- 12-week course for family caregivers of loved ones with borderline personality disorder ready to launch on Tuesday, February 20 (register by email, email@example.com, or phone 613-361-6363, ext. 4643)
- 25 caregivers attended training on co-design as a method of delivering public services in an equal and reciprocal manner between professionals, people using the services, their families and their neighbours
- 200 in-depth interviews completed with community-based family caregivers who provide support to a loved one experiencing a mental health or addiction issue
- 300 interviews/surveys completed with providers of addiction and mental health services in our community
- 5 Embrace Project streams selected and assigned
- 104 family caregivers and healthcare professionals collaborated in the experience-based Embrace Café planning workshop
Sharing the Experience
Work in Progress
- Family Caregiver Project
- Caregiver Identification
- Making Privacy and Consent Laws Work for Family Caregivers in the Addiction and Mental Health System
- Resource Hub
- Family Caregiver Support
- Family Caregiver Training
- Health Professional Training
- Organizational Process
Want to be Involved?
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
The Embrace Project team, Community Addiction and Mental Health Services at Cornwall Hospital and Cornwall & District Family Support Group gratefully acknowledge The Change Foundation for the funding that makes the Changing CARE: Embrace project possible.