Application Timelines and Details
There is a thorough screening and training process at Cornwall Community Hospital. The hospital has a number of steps in the application process.
- Complete the online application form, including two (2) references. Family members are not acceptable references. If you are unable to complete the application form online, you can call 4778 and one of our Volunteer Recruitment team will be happy to assist you.
- Once the hospital has received your complete application, you will receive an email or phone call to confirm receipt of your application and to detail the next steps. It can take (2) to (3) weeks for Volunteer Resources to organize next steps.
- Finally, as part of the Volunteer Application process all onsite volunteer positions require a police check for everyone age 18 or older. Depending upon the volunteer role, responsibilities and interactions with vulnerable people, a Vulnerable Sector Police Check may be required.
Please note that for information to be current, we keep applications for a period of six (6) months, after which, you need refresh your application or reapply.
Before you apply, please consider if you are able to meet the following requirements:
- Are you prepared to make a reliable commitment of (2) to (4) shifts per month representing approximately 8 hours per month for one year?
- Are you fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (minimum of (2) doses of a Canadian approved vaccine) and prepared to provide proof of vaccination?
Selected Candidates will:
- Submit documentation of your Covid-19 vaccines.
- Complete a medical form, including a 2-Step TB skin test and provide information on immunization status to the Occupational Health Team at CCH.
- Comply with all Infection Prevention & Control policies, including hand hygiene and the use of personal protective equipment (such as a mask).
- Participate in Hospital Orientation and job mentoring when you join the hospital.
- Respect the privacy of CCH patients, visitors and staff.
- Renew Emergency protocols, privacy training and other patient care and safety training each year through in-person or online training modules.
- Complete a police check for all onsite volunteer roles with many requiring a Vulnerable Sector Police Check.