For your own safety follow this link for steps on how to clear your internet activities.
If you have been recently sexually assaulted or a victim of intimate partner violence (domestic violence), please come immediately to the Emergency Department of Cornwall Community Hospital and ask for an "ASAP nurse".
ASAP's services include:
• emergency health care,
• evidence collection and
• photo documentation as well as
• testing for, and treatment of, sexually transmitted infections and
• testing for drug facilitated sexual assault. This includes the
• provision of preventative, post-exposure medication at no charge to the client.
• crisis and non-crisis counselling, social-work services,
• referrals and community outreach.
Cornwall Community Hospital Assault and Sexual Abuse Program (ASAP) provides around-the-clock services and support for women, men and children who reside in Cornwall or in the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry. Established in 1992, ASAP is one of a number of hospital-based, sexual assault/partner violence victim-care centres in Ontario. It is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. (http://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.net)
Our focus is on providing care to anyone who has been a victim of domestic violence (also known as partner assault), sexual assault or sexual abuse.
To request a copy of the ASAP departmental brochure or to obtain any additional information please contact us at email@example.com.