Addiction Services is a community-based program offering a comprehensive range of specialized therapeutic services to address problems associated with substance use, addiction, and problem gambling for individuals ages 12 and over. Our program is geared towards providing services to all those experiencing problematic issues with addiction, including family members and friends of someone who is dealing with alcohol, drug, or gambling abuse.
By booking an assessment with an Addiction Services therapist you have taken the first step toward change! We believe trust and support are essential to ensure you feel comfortable in sharing your concerns with us. Rest assured your confidentiality is always strictly maintained.
Call us now at 613-361-6363 to book a confidential assessment or to learn more about what Addiction Services has to offer, or click here for our patient relations process for problems, compliments or concerns.
~ Services are offered at the main office in Cornwall at 850 McConnell Ave. and at two satellite locations in Winchester and Alexandria ~
Programs at Addiction Services include:
- Substance Abuse Community Treatment Program: weekly or biweekly individual sessions offered to individuals concerned with their use of drugs and/or alcohol. Services include assessment, therapy, referral, follow-up, and relapse prevention.
- Problem Gambling Program: weekly or biweekly individual sessions for people who are concerned about their gambling behaviour. Services include assessment, therapy, referral, follow-up, and relapse prevention.
- Supportive Housing Program: service provided for individuals who have had multiple treatment episodes, have had difficulty maintaining safe housing, and who require a more intensive level of support to reach their goals. Intensive case management is received to aid in securing safe and secure housing as this is linked to increased success in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Services include frequent therapy sessions, ongoing life skills training, and rent supplement support.
- Mother Connections (ECD): intensive case management program for women who consume alcohol and/or drugs and who are pregnant and/or parenting children aged 0-6. Services include therapy, education, assessment, referral, and relapse prevention. This program can be offered to clients in their home to increase access to treatment.
- Specialized Opioid Treatment Program: designed to increase access to services for people with opioid addictions. This program focuses on the needs of individuals and their families. Services include assessment, therapy, case management, referral, and relapse prevention. This program is based on client-centered care, takes a harm reduction approach, and works collaboratively with community partners.
- The St. Denis Centre: a 16-bed supportive addiction treatment facility for men aged 18 and over. Located in Cornwall, St. Denis offers 24-hour counseling along with an in-house addiction therapist offering individualized treatment planning, group counseling, intensive case management, and referral. Programming includes life skills, recreation, recovery enhancement, and relapse prevention. Treatment plans are based on individual need. Men stay at St. Denis an average of four to six months.
New Beginnings – a five-session educational group discussing topics such as coping with urges, relapse prevention, self-esteem, assertiveness, emotions, communication, and much more.
Talk Learn Change – a 16-week educational group that is aimed at creating discussions around topics such as concurrent disorders, stress, self-care, managing recovery, support, and much more.
Relapse Prevention – a seven-session group designed to increase relapse prevention skills. This group focuses on developing strategies to challenge old behaviours through cognitive-behavioural material.
First Contact – a five-to-six-session intervention offered to youth (ages 14-19). Groups are offered either in our main office or on school premises. The objective is to help youth identify high risk situations and develop skills to effectively deal with these situations. This groups are co-facilitated by an Addiction Services therapist and a Children’s Mental Health counsellor.
Women’s Treatment Group – a 17-week group based on Dr. Stephanie Covington’s evidence-based program, Helping Women Recover. This group integrates theories of women’s psychological development, trauma, and addiction to meet the needs of women with substance-use disorders.
Significant Other Group – a two-day psycho-educational group designed to increase awareness, understanding, and support to those involved with loved ones experiencing substance abuse and/or problem gambling.
*Groups are held throughout different times of the year. Please contact us to inquire about when groups are set to begin.
Referrals to residential treatment services and other community services are also available when appropriate.