At Cornwall Community Hospital the Pediatric and Obstetrical Units are combined as one Women's and Children Health Services.
Newborns who are not able to room in with mom, children and teenagers receive their care on 6th Level North while new mothers and their healthy newborns are cared for in mom’s room on 6th South. Postoperative care is also provided on 6th South for women who have undergone a surgical gynecological procedure.
Cornwall Community Hospital is especially proud of their newly renovated Birthing Suites. Here women are able to labour and deliver their babies in a state of the art modern setting. The Obstetrical Team actively participates in the MORE OB Program. This program, founded on Teamwork focuses on establishing patient safety and reducing clinical risk.
CCH is proud to work closely with community partners to provide a complete continuum of care.
- Family centered focus with caring skilled staff
- Modern state of the art labour and delivery suites
- Combined pediatrics and obstetrical unit
- Midwifery program
- On-staff lactation consultant
- Neonatal resuscitation certification of all staff
- Teaching programs include/support paramedics, midwifery students, registered practical nurses, registered nurses, phlebotomy, physiotherapy and dietician
- Involved in research projects